Monday, October 12, 2009

Kitchy Kitchen Appliances Defunked!

So, I am a product junkie, but since my guilt-ridden move to greening, I can no longer buy bath and body products when I don't need them or without looking up and down at the ingredients. Any normal person, would just make the transition, but since I am a tad OCD, I needed my obsession to seep into another aspect of my life, and so it has - into cooking. I longingly glance in the windows of William Sonoma and Crate and Barrel for a peek at their pricey shelves of decadent kitchen appliance, and watch hours longer than I will admit of QVC ads selling numerous chopping, whipping, blending, heating devices I may or may not be able to live without. Yet, the whole poor, loan-laden student lifestyle leaves very little budget wiggle room for such items, however I constantly find myself wondering if I had the ability, which items would I absolutely need. So I have started to gather a list of the needs vs. the need nots. Thanks to the help of my mother, Heather, and law school's lack of entertainment leaving me with plenty of time to search reviews on such items, I have come up with some reviews. Please let me know if there are things you cannot live without, and things you certainly can and merely sit in the corner being un-used.


Must Haves:
- French Press
- Cuisinart Mixer
- Cuisinart Blender
- Crock pot
- Krups bean grinder
- Stainless steel mixing bowls
- Copper mixing bowl
- Silpat Cookie liner
- Roasting Pan
- One set of intricate bread loaves
- Cooling rack
- Japanese Rice Cooker
- Silicone Spatula or Spoonula


No Needs:
- The Magic Bullet
- GT Express 101
- Burr Grinder
- Pizza Stone
- Cookie Press

No comments:

Post a Comment